Summer Party Ideas
Summer parties offer the unique option of enjoying some outdoor time. But, keep in mind that you will need to check the weather for storms, rain, or raging heat. Because the weather is unpredictable, we've pulled together our favorite summer party ideas with indoor and outdoor options.
Bar Tour Summer Party
You can host a bar tour party if you live in a major metro area (like St. Louis!) or a smaller town. A bar tour party is straightforward. Pick 6-12 bars, put them in order of your preferred walking route, and share the route with everyone attending your party. It's typical to spend 1-2 hours at each bar. You'll want to share the approximate time you'll be arriving so people can join you along the route if they prefer only to hit up one of two places.
TIP: Plan to spend more time at the bars later in the day. You'll need the extra time to eat, plus bars get busier later in the day.
We know several people that host their annual birthday party by picking a city to meet up with friends for a bar tour. This is a terrific way to explore new places and enjoy the hobby of beer tasting.
Although you can tour bars any time of year, the nice weather experienced during summer makes walking from place to place much more enjoyable.
Plus, you can always stop for an activity along the way...
Axe Throwing Party
Beer and axe throwing go together these days as most cities have an axe throwing bar. In St. Louis, we're proud to be THE PLACE for everyone to throw axes as we're the most popular axe-throwing facility in the STL region. So popular that we've expanded into the Austin, TX, area and are located in Round Rock. Although we are often a stop on bar tours, we're more likely to be the host venue for summer parties.
Our specialty is summer party goers looking for a pleasantly cool environment with a casual atmosphere. You can reserve an area just for your party. We make it easy with online reservations, a quick safety briefing, and having everything ready on-site that you need to have fun. We even have throwing cards and ninja stars.
If you've ever been to a themed party, you know it's fun. Popular summertime party themes include:
- Luau - Get to know traditional Hawaiin culture with this theme.
- Beach - Even if you don't live near the beach or have a pool, you can throw a beach party. You're on your way to "the beach" with a bit of sand, beach balls, and some margaritas!
- Picnic - Everyone loves a good picnic. Make beans, corn on the cob, BBQ, and plenty of sides for "good eatin'."
- Taco - Okay, any time is a good time for a taco party. But you can make it "especially summer-like" by adding citrus like papaya or pineapples to salsa.
- Corn Hole - Get your game on with some corn hole. Don't forget strawberries or watermelon, depending on what period of summer you host your tourney.
Visit Top Notch Axe Throwing
Don't forget to visit any Top Notch Axe Throwing location to have some summertime fun throwin' axes!